College is competitive and multiple factors affect the admissions process. Join Tom Neighbour, Director of Counseling at the Alliance Academy for Innovation to learn what you need to know to help your child pick the best college for them and your family.
This program will cover multiple aspects of choosing a college:
- The current state of college admissions/trends in college admissions
- College planning timeline
- What to look for in a college
- Why college visits are so important and how to maximize a visit
- How an application is evaluated for admission
- Standardized testing – ACT/SAT/Subject Tests
- Scholarships/Financing College – HOPE/Zell Miller/Merit Based Awards
- Social Media Footprint – Why it matters
- What to expect when you are expecting a college student
- Resources and planning tools
This program is for high school students and their parents. No registration is required.